Is your organisation considering making redundancies due to restructuring or downsizing? Has or will the reduction in JobKeeper affect your business?
You may want to provide outplacement services to impacted employees but are concerned whether they are COVIDSafe.
Due to physical distancing restrictions, we have adapted our Outplacement Programs to be COVIDSafe and can provide them virtually in individual or group sessions.
Virtual Outplacement Programs are actually very effective and can provide many benefits.
1. Flexibility and Convenience – the participant can choose a day/time convenient to them and their lifestyle.
2. Being conducted at home rather than their place of employment provides a safe and “neutral” environment.
3. One on one sessions allow the session to be further customised to the individual’s needs and situation.
4. Reduced travel time and cost.
5. Allows the inclusion of a support person if they need language assistance should English not be their first language or if they have a disability. While this can be done at an in-person session too however may be easy for the participant for the support person to be at their home.
Feedback from many of the participants was that the virtual Career Transition program suited them better than the in-person option.
As restrictions ease, we will be able to offer the programs either in-person or virtually to suit the participant and/or client’s request.
Our programs can customised to suit your organisation, industry and the employee’s role. For instance, blue-collar workers and those that have not been unemployed for a long time may need assistance with computers, literacy and confidence. For people that have been with the same employer for 10, 20 or 30 years, the employment market, where to look for jobs and how to apply has dramatically changed from the days of newspaper adverts.
With more interviews now being conducted by video, we can also provide the latest interview techniques with tips on how to do video interviews.
Choosing the right outplacement provider for your organisation and your exiting employees is an important decision and one that is often made under pressure and can be time sensitive.
Horner recently shared our 7 key questions to ask or consider when choosing your outplacement services provider on our blog.